ICAgile Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
This 3 days’ training is focused primarily on the mindset and role of an Agile Coach. Participants will learn to differentiate between and among mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching, and will also gain the skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team. This certification introduces participants to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts for starting and growing teams while focusing on teams and organizations as systems.
The teaching approach is innovative and interactive: it is based on activities, games and discussions.
The key topics that are covered are:
- how coaching differs from training, teaching or mentoring
- the Agile coaching mindset
- emotional intelligence and different levels of listening
- transformational questions
- the arc of a coaching conversation: from the coaching agreement to action and accountability
- coaching individuals vs coaching teams
- coaching through conflict
- giving feedback
- coaching high performance.
What participants will learn
- What agile coaching is and how it can impact teams
- How to use fundamental professional coaching skills for team and personal development
- how to create a psychologically safe environment for teams by looking at setting up their working agreement and using an effective toolset to foster team collaboration and trust
- how to conduct a coaching conversation from the coaching agreement to action and accountability
- how to coach in situations of conflict and change
- how to coach toward high-performance.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for everyone who has a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams. It suitable for who is about to start coaching Agile teams or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding.
It is also suitable for anyone who would like the first introduction to Agile coaching. Possible roles that could be interested are: Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Agile Transformation Leaders, Change Agents, Organizational Leaders and Managers, Iteration Managers, Agile Project Managers.
This course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of this course, participants can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification.
As long as the trainer believes you have demonstrated competence, understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than 1 hour of the course then you will receive the certification. Following the class, you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.