ICAgile Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF)
This training is focused primarily on the mindset and role of an Agile Team Facilitator. Participants will take away group facilitation tools and techniques to design effective meetings and workshops that engage the entire audience and drive towards agreed-upon outcomes. Participants will develop their facilitation skills and capability to foster collaboration and enable self-organizing teams. They will gain practical experience facilitating specific agile practices.
The teaching approach is innovative and interactive: it is based on activities, games and discussions.
The key topics that are covered are:
- how Agile facilitation differs from pure facilitation
- intro and practice of Core facilitation skills
- designing meetings to maxise impact
- facilitation techniques for different purposes
- practice facilitating key Agile meetings.
What participants will learn
- What an Agile Facilitator is and how this role plays out with teams
- the Agile competency framework and the career progression of a Facilitator.
- the mindset and the skills of an Agile Team Facilitator
- several techniques to add to your toolbox that will help facilitate effective problem solving and decision making
- how to organize and facilitate Agile meetings effectively in a variety of contexts, with clear purpose and group activities to achieve the desired outcomes
- how to facilitate better, more meaningful collaborative conversations and increased capacity to give and receive feedback.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start working with Agile teams or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding.
It is suitable for anyone who would like an introduction to Agile Team facilitation: Product Owners and Product Management, Scrum Masters, Agile Transformation Leaders, Change Agents, Organizational Leaders and Managers, Team members, Agile Coaches.
There are no pre-requisites to attend
This course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Team Facilitation track. After successful completion of this course, participants can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Facilitation (ICP-ATF). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification. As long as the trainer believes you have demonstrated competence, understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than 1 hour of the course then you will receive the certification. Following the class, you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.